This challenging full day 8-hour course is designed for experienced law enforcement officers who already possess a background knowledge and functional experience in search and seizure law. The instruction is advanced and fast-paced and uses case studies to explain the development and the current status of the legal aspects of searches and seizures.
The cost of this course is $200. Tickets are fully refundable up to 7 days before the event! For those driving in the day before training, there is a special room rate of $89 available at Grand Vista Hotel which includes a full breakfast. To reserve a room, call the Grand Vista Hotel at (800) 800-7796 and ask for the LEA ONE group rate.
1. The legal developments in the two types of searches since the Supreme Court decision in United States v. Jones.
2. The legal developments in the increased protection being afforded to curtilage.
3. The complex legal aspects of making traffic stops to conduct drug distribution investigations.
4. The legal developments in searches incident to arrest.
5. Mastering the concept of consent searches, including apparent authority.
6. Conducting searches and seizures of digital storage devices.
7. Developments in obtaining cell site location information and pinging cellphone location.
8. Applying the concept of the “Fourth Amendment Dominoes”
Space is limited, so save your seat today!
***Group/multiple seating via advanced purchase is available! Email inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org