Advanced Search and Seizure Law
Thu, February 20, 2020
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST
ADVANCED SEARCH AND SEIZURE LAW
This challenging full day 8-hour course is designed for experienced law enforcement officers who already possess a background knowledge and functional experience in search and seizure law. The instruction is advanced and fast-paced and uses case studies to explain the development and the current status of the legal aspects of searches and seizures. The cost to attend the course is $200. Tickets fully refundable up to seven days before the event. Seating is limited so reserve your seat now!
GROUP AND INVOICED REGISTRATION IS ALSO AVAILABLE – Email inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The legal developments in the two types of searches since the USSC decision in United States v. Jones.
- The legal developments in the increased protection being afforded to curtilage.
- The complex legal aspects of making traffic stops to conduct drug distribution investigations.
- The legal developments in searches incident to arrest.
- Mastering the concept of consent searches, including apparent authority.
- Conducting searches and seizures of digital storage devices.
- Developments in obtaining cell site location information and pinging cellphone location.
- Applying the concept of the “Fourth Amendment Dominoes”
- Emerging trends in Search and Seizure Law, including the evolving law of traffic stops
- The Legal Aspects of Traffic Stops (Special Florida Edition)
- Jul 14 2020
- 8:00 am - 5:00 pm