Advanced Search and Seizure Law
Mon, March 9, 2020
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM CDT
This challenging full day 8-hour course is designed for experienced law enforcement officers who already possess a background knowledge and functional experience in search and seizure law. The instruction is advanced and fast-paced and uses case studies to explain the development and the current status of the legal aspects of searches and seizures.
1. The legal developments in the two types of searches since the Supreme Court decision in United States v. Jones.
2. The legal developments in the increased protection being afforded to curtilage.
3. The complex legal aspects of making traffic stops to conduct drug distribution investigations.
4. The legal developments in searches incident to arrest.
5. Mastering the concept of consent searches, including apparent authority.
6. Conducting searches and seizures of digital storage devices.
7. Developments in obtaining cell site location information and pinging cellphone location.
8. Applying the concept of the “Fourth Amendment Dominoes”
9. Emerging Search and Seizure issues, including extending traffic stops to conduct criminal investigations.
LEA ONE provides the highest quality professionally developed training available in The Legal Aspects of Law Enforcement. Our experience and acumen in curriculum development and instructional delivery is absolutely unmatched.